Property Tax Fairness
From the Center for Municipal Finance
In addition to our national review of property assessments, the Center has provided more detailed analysis for a number of America’s largest metropolitan regions. The findings of these local reports have been used to support a number of local government reforms and media investigations, providing real-world impact for our academic work.
These reports focus on a single community and were conducted using data sourced directly from local governments, rather than our commercial providers. Because our local reports used different data sets than our national review, the underlying numbers may not be an exact match; but importantly, the findings are the same.
Where helpful, we have also included the underlying data used to prepare these reports.
- Chicago and Cook County
- Columbus and Franklin County
- Indianapolis and Marion County
- Las Vegas and Clark County
- Los Angeles and Los Angeles County
- Miami and Miami-Dade County
- Minneapolis and Hennepin County
- New York City
- Philadelphia Combined City-County
- Seattle and King County
- St. Louis and St. Louis County